Privacy and Security Policy
PRIVACY & SECURITY OVERVIEW
Ruby Fit Pty. Ltd. (ABN 55 610 882 141) (RubyFit) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
RubyFit reserves the right to modify and change this Privacy & Security Statement at any time. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any changes to this policy will be updated on our site. Please review this regularly.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name, age, gender and job title
- Contact information including phone number, postal and email address
- Demographic information such as postal address, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfil and process your orders
- Monitor feedback and respond to any product suggestions
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- Internal record keeping.
- To develop, enhance, improve, market, sell or provide information, products or services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us.
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice.
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts.
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers.
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way RubyFit provide products and services to you.
- To consider and respond to complaints made by you.
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. Collection of your personal information can occur in many ways including through the following interaction:
- When you access our website
- If you connect to us via a social network
- When you set up and maintain a user account
- During conversation with our employees
- When you purchase an order, registration, request or application for our products or services (through phone or in person or electronically)
- When you directly communicate with us (by any means)
- When you interact with us during promotions, competitions or events
- If you are a candidate for employment
- When you complete a customer survey or send us feedback
When you visit RubyFit.com.au, your services may also automatically record information that your browser sends when you visit a website which may include information such as
- Your computers IP address
- Your browser type
- Pages you visited before coming to our site
- Time spent on these visited pages
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any purpose to any of the following:
- Our employees, contractors or service provides to a reasonable extent to fulfil our obligation to you
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional services
- Suppliers or third parties for business, marketing and related purposes
- To any person authorised by law, if required by law
- Any other organisation for any authorised purpose with your consent
- Your credit card details will be released to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products purchased on our website
- We may use other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf (such as the delivery of packages), sending mail or processing payments. They will have access to your personal information to perform these services, but are not authorised to use your information for any other purpose
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the RubyFit website. You may also request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us.
We may deny you access to personal information if it interferes with the privacy of others or could result in the breach of confidentiality. If this happens, you will be given a reason for the refusal.
If any of your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you can request for us to amend it by contacting us on email@example.com.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
DENY GIVING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may not be able to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience may not be as enjoyable.
RubyFit is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk.
We will protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to your personal information
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
- We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
All credit card transactions are handled by established third party banking and related agents. They will also receive information needed to verify and authorise your credit or other payment information to process the order.
As no data transmission is 100% secure, you acknowledge that:
- There are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our control
- The security, integrity and privacy of any information exchanges between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed
- Any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information collected by RubyFit, please contact us on email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING
This website uses the Google Analytics feature of Demographics and Interest Reporting. If you want to opt out of this feature, you can change your settings at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Ruby Fit Pty. Ltd. please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
Our privacy officer will deal with the complaints and we will confirm your understanding of the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will then inform you whether we will conduct an investigation and the estimated date of completion. Once the investigation is complete, we will contact you to advise the outcome (in writing) and invite a response to conclude the complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Alternately, you can direct correspondence to:
Ruby Fit Pty Ltd, Privacy Officer
PO BOX 398
ROSEVILLE NSW 2069
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
From time-to-time RubyFit may send you electronic marketing material - but only ever in accordance with the provisions of Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by RubyFit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click 'Unsubscribe'.
You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure your name is removed from the mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.